[CQ-Contest] Log checking Revisited

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log checking Revisited
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue Jul 15 00:47:46 2003
The problem with the HQ abbreviation in the IARU contest will probably be
fixed by the authors of the logging programs.  Be careful in editing the
cabrillo log after it is produced by the logging program.

Please go to the following web page for cabrillo specs:
http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/

In checking logs I get those that have been modified at some point and are
too long.  Other problems include wrong contest name (its gotta be exact!!!)
and wrong category/mode.  I get logs that have Single in the field which
should be SINGLE-OP, operator where the band should be, Nothing in the power
field and say HIGH in the mode field.  Some of the cabrillo converters
available are poor on getting these right.  I suggest you compare the output
of the converter to the above web page before submission.  If its wrong
contact the author!

I think it depends on the logging program.  As K8CC said he only allowed 4
columns for HQ and just changed it to 6.  Make sure the size is big enough
or you will mess up another field. I can't think of a reason why 80 columns
won't handle any contest.

It will take several years but every major logging program or plug in will
finally get it correct.

73 Dave K4JRB