[CQ-Contest] QSLing

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSLing
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Thu Aug 7 00:11:41 2003
My cents' worth.

Since I was listed in the original post as a "good guy" who QSLs, may I make
a suggestion?  On your QRZ.com listing, put whatever you want on your
directions for QSLing.  Mine says something like, "Because of the tremendous
QSL
volume, please include an SASE for stateside cards"  Most guys use that as
their
address source.  If a guy ignores whatever directions you give for the QSL
card,
he is at risk for not getting one.
I would say I get around 4 SASE's for each non-SASE...not a bad ratio.  This
is much better than before I included the SASE suggestion on my listing.

My policy is to QSL any received DX card via the bureau....although
turnaround time is up to a year after I get them.  On direct QSLs with SASE,
greenstamps, or IRCs, I try to get them out within a week or so.  On the
stateside ones
that come without SASE, unless it comes from a kid, well....