[CQ-Contest] QSO B4 - Signing Call after Every Q

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSO B4 - Signing Call after Every Q
From: "Jeffrey Steinman" <steinman@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:27:08 -0500
Certainly not a new topic. And if I recall the best view on this I ever read
was written by Dick, N6AA. Might be in the archives somewhere...

My own $0.02 - I know I get frustrated when waiting on a QRG to work
someone, callsign unknown and not heard after a QSO or two. As most others
have said I will dump my call in. Best case it's a new MULT. Worst case is
it's a dupe, and both stations waste a little time. And maybe if the DX
station has enough people doing that then he'll figure out he isn't signing
often enough.

Now, as one who has been on the DX side a few times, I will say that I DO
NOT send my call after every QSO. Usually I use MYCALL as the QSL message,
so it gets sent a lot. But if there is a large queue waiting, or I have a
partial call for another caller ready, I will NOT send my call. Makes no
sense to do so. That said, on CW I will make my report message a little
unique. So the next time you hear that report you might know who it is,
without having to wait to hear my call. Saves us both time.

My own personal pet peeve are stations that do not send full calls, but
that's another story. I will send your call as I have it 100% of the time.
Well I may forget to do it on SSB, but the computer will automatically do it
for me on CW!

See you in CQWW CW!

73

Jeff N5TJ