[CQ-Contest] Team VP5X - Congrats W2AU!

To: "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Team VP5X - Congrats W2AU!
From: "Kyle Chavis" <wa4pgm@kinex.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:08:53 -0400
NEWS 09/30/03
Congratulations to Daniel Bradke, W2AU, of Niskayuna, NY. Daniel's essay,
operating skills and enthusiasm has moved our contest team to select him to
be our first annual VP5X Young Ham Team Member.

Daniel is 14 years old and has held an amateur extra class license since he
was 11. Daniel is able to send and receive morse code at 30wpm and will be a
significant asset to our team for this years upcoming CQWW CW contest.

Daniel is a member of the Yankee Clipper Contest Club, is a member of FISTS
and regularly operates during the ARRL Straight Key Night on New Years Eve.

Daniel claims he is a team player, can handle his own in a pile-up and is
eager to learn from more experienced operators. Who knows, maybe he can
teach us a thing or two.

This will be Daniel's first DXpedition. We are pleased he will be joining
us!

Many thanks to everyone who helped forward the email about a Free Trip to
VP5. The entries we received made it very difficult to choose a winner.

CU In CQWW CW!
Team VP5X
KY1V - David
WA4PGM - Kyle