[CQ-Contest] Re: LOTW Again!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: LOTW Again!
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:26:40 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I agree with the storyline of G3XTT except for one "unmentioned" aspect.  The
availability of a QSL card, for sure, but the availability "to the masses"
cheap (ie, the bureau), no.  I for one will be taking the following stance:

Direct QSLs with SASE, IRC, or Greenstamp will ALWAYS be answered, LOTW or not.
Direct QSLs without anything will be answered through bureau.
Bureau QSLs will be answered through mid 2004 and then stopped.
Logs will be uploaded into LOTW by the end of 2003.

This applies to my home calls: K8EP and N1UR as well as my contest and
DXpedition calls: PJ2E, C6ARS, XX9TEP.

Still want a card, no problem.  A card's just not as cheap as it used to be but
at least you can get award credit cheaper and quicker.

This is how I will be respecting the QSL keepsake crowd but taking the needed
break from endless QSLing through the bureau.

Comments welcome.

Ed

N1UR