Re: [CQ-Contest] SSCW Secrets - scheduling!??!?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SSCW Secrets - scheduling!??!?
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:41:41 -0700
Hey, it's fun. What can I say? At my age better get 'em in while I can.

Unfortunately, we had a stretch of really good wx in Sept so I chose to do some work on the house and missed 2 of them. Was out of town for RTTY Sprint.

73, Jim VE7FO

Scott R. wrote:

VE7FO writes:

If there is one * that tells my wife that I might enter it but if she
wants to schedule something else, go right ahead - no need to ask me.

If there are two * that tells my wife that I want to enter this one
but it's negotiable.

*** tells my wife that this is a biggie and there isn't much that's
more important to me than being in it.

You don't want to overdo the *** ones. For the four months Sep to Dec
I have only 11 of them.

Jim, 11 "must operate"??!? A quick look at the calendar says among
Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec for 2003 there are only 17 weekends total!

Now THAT'S a commitment to contest operating.

I do much the same, for the ones I must operate...my wife and I both
have calendars in the kitchen that we notate for each other and I write
CONTEST as needed, which trumps any other possibilities including
family engagements (I am in a long time multi-ham family - they all
understand, thank goodness, and I was doing this before we got married,
so Mary knew what she was getting herself into...)

Scott W4PA

===== Always been the radio's child Quick-to-smile precious baby Search the dial and electrify

--Widespread Panic "Radio Child"

http://shopping.yahoo.com