[CQ-Contest] Re:Diversity in SS

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re:Diversity in SS
From: "Dennis Ponsness" <wb0wao@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 01:38:41 -0500
You really don't know what the "real" class of the station was in the Unlimited category - their power level could be A, B or Q! For instance, I plan on running SS Phone with the K2 and using the cluster, so I will be in the Unlimited category even though I will be running QRP power levels. I will compare my final score against the other Q stations rather than the U stations to see how well I really did. I do realize that the assisted class should be treated differently than unassisted, but it personally doesn't make any sense to me to lump the Q, A and B class together for scoring. If they are unassisted, they do not compete against each other, so why would assisted stations be any different? Just my personal opinion.

73

Dennis - WB0WAO

EN84ij Iosco County, Michigan
K2 #3555

Charter Member - Michigan DX Association
www.qsl.net/wb0wao
:=)

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays! Snappier product search... http://shopping.msn.com