Re: [CQ-Contest] Diversity in SS

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Diversity in SS
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:50:33 EST
In a message dated 11/5/03 3:40:03 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
w2up@mindspring.com writes:
Speaking of Q's, in my limited SS contesting (~100 QSOs at full
power), I noticed that although I copied the Q's full exchange the
first time, many of them required repeats from me 2 or 3 times. Are
they using QRP on receive also - audio turned way down? No, I wasn't
QRQ.
Barry W2UP
I'm not sure if I was one of those guys.  I am not a CW guy and was sending
at 30 WPM or less the whole weekend.  Some guys would fire back at me around
much faster than that.  I can copy that fast but cannot copy and type that fast
when having to change fields.  As a result, repeats were needed.  Also, YOU
may not have QRM on your end, but we might have it on ours, even with your QRO.

Not all of us are proficient CW ops.  I'd rather have a guy repeat it than
have a busted QSO

Bill K4XS