[CQ-Contest] Contesting on a Budget

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting on a Budget
From: "Tim Makins, EI8IC" <contesting@eircom.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 07:52:33 -0000
Contesting on a Budget: Articles are published from time to time in some of
the subscription magazines, but I felt that the people who really WERE on a
budget probably wouldn't take out subscriptions.

So, I have therefore created a number of forums on my website aimed at the
guys without the big towers and the latest rigs, under the general title
'Homebrew Hams'. There are sections for Contesting, Antennas, Towers, and
other areas of discussion.

The forums are not designed to act in competition to any of the more
established ones, rather, to act as a place where you can ask questions and
leave tips that others will browse through. Ever come up with a neat idea
that you want to share with other contesters ? Here's the place to do it.
Ever wanted to ask a basic question but felt nervous when amongst the big
guns ? Visit http://www.qsl.net/ei8ic/forums

I do hope the 'big guns' will visit from time to time - this is the place
your next QSO might come from !

Here's the good bit - there's no advertising, and no popups !

73s Tim EI8IC