[CQ-Contest] eQSL and LoTW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] eQSL and LoTW
From: John Thompson <jwt105@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:41:08 -0800 (PST)
I was very excited when eQSL and LoTW came out.
Unfortunately, there is resistance to the use of these
mediums by QSL managers and old-time DX'ers.  It was
very discouraging that ARRL could not join forces with
eQSL, and this analogy is somehat like the old CQ
Magazine/ QST lack of cooperation (do you remember
when the ARRL did NOT EVEN LIST CQWW as a contest in
its contest announcements?).
It is unfortunate that LoTW is so complicated and
confusing to use, this is probably a design flaw that
could be corrected with more modern programming.   The
ARRL is deluged by questions on how to get TQSL certs,
etc.
I am in favor of a much wider use of eQSL and LoTWW.
This is progressive thinking.
PARTICIPATE!!  The world is changing.
John K3MD

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree