Re: [CQ-Contest] Old SS Battles

To: "CQ-CONTEST" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Old SS Battles
From: "Rex Maner" <k7qq@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:12:22 -0000
It sure appears to the Quack that the competition is rather tough today as
with the Chirp and others,  I think that some of the SCREAMING came from
their intro to phone operation came from their first rig being a DX-40 or
DX-60  with screen grid modulators.

Chip's first win of SS Phone was from my station with a combination of mono
banders  3 el 20, 3 el 15 and 3 el 10 on a 60 foot tower all stacked Xmas
tree fasion 3 ft apart on a Tacoma city lot 50 ft wide.  80/40 was a combo
inverted Vee underneath those .

There is a lot more to this story however I won't go there now.

Quack   aka  Rex