RE: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 11, Issue 62

To: "'Herb Schoenbohm'" <herbs@vitelcom.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 11, Issue 62
From: "Bernie McClenny, W3UR" <bernie@dailydx.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:07:33 -0000
Herb,
I think Rich, KE3Q, has now been doing SS at WP3R (KP4) since 1998.  He
has won both modes (not with an FT100E) in 99, 00, 01 and 02.  It looks
like he will also take it for 03.  In 1998 Rich's first year he had the
high claimed score for both modes.  However after log checking he place
2nd in the CW contest, which was his first effort.  I think in his first
one he lost 12 QSOs due to log checking, losing 4 QSOs for each error
(total of 48 QSOs).  The winner lost no QSOs.  After that year the
league changed the rules so you only lose 1 QSO for an error.

Bernie, W3UR

--
Bernie McClenny, W3UR
Editor of The Daily DX, The Weekly DX and How's DX.