[CQ-Contest] SS/KP4 clarification & typos

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SS/KP4 clarification & typos
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:50:20 -0500
Fixing a couple things:

First paragraph, change it from "What does he do that?" to "Why does he do
that?"

Second to last paragraph, where I said, "Each of it gets..." change it to "Each
of us gets..."

Yes, K0RF is in Colorado.  I meant when I (used to, don't any more) operate SS
from Maryland, K0RF (in Colorado) was always loud in Maryland.

Another frivolous side point for my own amusement and anyone else who's so
inclined...I have asked WP3R (the real one) to print me up an "honorary Puerto
Rican" certificate (only if he thinks I qualify, of course).  And since I have
my own Puerto Rican call too, WP3Q (the first one issued before it was traded
in for a vanity was WP4NOT, which I thought was kind of appropriate), and since
my XYL thinks I am in Puerto Rico most of the time, I have started asking
myself at what point I have become Puerto Rican enough that winning SS from
there becomes acceptable.  That is, I assume no one would object to a native
Puerto Rican winning from Puerto Rico, maybe even from his own QTH, whatever.
If that assumption might be correct, at what point can an honorary Puerto Rican
be socially acceptable too?

Next, when one of us opens the retirement home for old contesters, should it be
in Puerto Rico or is the consensus that a QTH in "the black hole" might be
preferable?  Maybe it should be in Yellowknife or White Horse.

I'm going to print out all the e-mails on this thread and tape them to the back
of my SS plaque so I can relive this moment when I'm about 90.   Maybe at that
point I'll be sitting by the pool in the backyard of the WA3FET/KP4 villa (AKA
"Breakwind" ala "Windwoods"), contemplating whether I want to take the "narrow
gauge railway" to the top of Breakall Mountain to check out the panoramic view.
   73 - Rich, KE3Q