[CQ-Contest] Re: TS850 question

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: TS850 question
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:57:47 -0000
IK2BCP> after having problems with my TS850 and some TL922 (five different
922's
locked temporary my rig to deafness and fuzzy noise...)

TL922 and SB-220 use 100 V relays with RF blocking capacitor on outside
connector.
Initial energy from this capacitor discharge sticks the contacts of reed
relays in modern radios.
Add 100 Ohm resistor in series between radio and PA to limit this current on
1A.  24V specs can be exceeded.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU