[CQ-Contest] 160 meters in the Pacific Northwest

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 160 meters in the Pacific Northwest
From: mike l dormann <w7dra@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:13:07 -0800
I could have probably worked all that i did with 5 watts, conditions what
they were............

I made 34 contacts in 16 hours, bit sparse to me liking, but of the 34
made, 19 were zone 3 contacts, two called by me, and 17 initiated by the
other operator. it has been my policy to never make a zero point contact,
except to secure a new zone.

is there a new solidarity among 160 meter operators that i am not aware
of?

and how about starting a selective society: "The Society of the Stealth
Beverage"

those of us who stop operating at 6 am and go wind in our beverages that
are laying in the street crossing intersections, the  whole time praying
that no jogger/with dog gets tangled up in our wire

or putting one along the side of the road and covering it with leaves,
hoping you can leave it for the total contest without trouble from other
joggers/with dogs

mike  w7dra