[CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 12, Issue 38

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 12, Issue 38
From: Jim Fitzpatrick <jhfitzpa@wiscmail.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:10:37 -0600
I'm with Scott on this one. This won't affect me a whole lot personally, since I can operate either weekend (I think, depending on my work schedule for Jan which hasn't appeared yet), although the originally scheduled weekend would be much better for me. I think it's a bad precedent to do this on what amounts to about 6 weeks notice when the schedule has been set for some time in publications and on the web. It's not exactly like when sprints have been cancelled or rescheduled for natural disasters or terrorist acts as in the past. Valentine's Day is nice, but it's not exactly a major holiday. Let's face it, most years WW CW falls on the weekend following Thanksgiving, and WPX CW falls on Memorial Day, major holidays. These are 2 of my favorite contests, and I'd rather they be some other weekends, but like most people I work around it. People have discussed this issue in the past (please don't start another discussion about this), but no rescheduling has occurred. Valentine's Day is Saturday. Take your significant other out to brunch, and operate the contest.

My $.02

Jim WI9WI