[CQ-Contest] Pass v1.3 released

To: cq-contest@contesting.com,Yankee Clipper Contest Club <yccc@yccc.org>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Pass v1.3 released
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:25:22 -0500
The PASS program has been updated one more time. You can download version 1.3 from:

http://www.k1ea.com/utilities/pass.zip

Fixes this time around:

        * DOS compatibility
        * out-of-order logs didn't work (old bug revisited)
        * output file won't get written if input log not Cabrillo

Does anyone want to be able to run this program against an ADIF log file? That would be trivial to add.

For those that may have missed the initial announcement, here it is:

http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/2003-12/msg00072.html

The original restriction around running in Windows is now rescinded. You can run under real DOS if you wish. Note the output filename will end in a .PAS extension regardless of operating system (keeping within DOS 8.3 filename conventions). I have tested this on a KC1XX log containing almost 10K QSOs. It *is* possible for the program to run out of memory on large logs. If you run into this, let me know and I'll send you the windows version.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC