Re: [CQ-Contest] /MM in ARRL 10

To: Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] /MM in ARRL 10
From: "Tim Totten, N4GN" <n4gn@n4gn.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:39:50 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, David A. Pruett wrote:

> I'm part of the team that does the logchecking for the ARRL 10M contest,
> so let me clarify the situation with Ken's log, and also answer N4GN's
> question.

Thanks for the clear explanation, Dave.  That's good info to understand!
And thanks to N2NL/MM, the issue is more than simply academic for my log
this year.

While we seem to be in a mode of handing out some well-deserved thanks on
this reflector, let me add Dave and log checkers like him to the list.
They certainly don't get the recognition they deserve.  In fact, it seems
we only talk about the log checkers when they make a mistake, or we have
some beef with a scoring decision.  Log checking in general has improved
dramatically in recent years and much of the credit goes to volunteers who
are giving back something to the contest community.  So to all of you who
are behind the specialized software that extracts Cabrillo files and
generates log checking reports, and the teams that review logs and add the
human touch to the process, THANK YOU for all your hard work!

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com