Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW question

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW question
From: "Dallas and Lucy" <ludal@dmv.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 08:59:26 -0500
I spent 10 hours on the last day of 2003 preping and sending my logs to
LoTW.
They included all my QSOs from 99 to present.  1st step was conversion from
DX4WIN to ADIF.  Then I transferred to a machine with a CD burner as the
file
was 22Meg.  Burnt CD and brought to my internet machine at the house.
Signed
the log and converted to .tq8.  This process alone took 4 hours.  Attached
to an
email to lotw and started sending.  My dialup was running at 21.6 yesterday
and
the file took almost 4 hours to send.

Then comes a message that the file size exceeds the server limit for
attachments!
I am not a happy camper at this point.  Anyone have any thoughts as to what
typical
attachment size limitations are with typical servers?  I can go back and
split the logs
by year, but want to make sure I don't spend another long day only to find I
am still
over the limit.  I know I should check with my ISP, but there is no one home
today.
Just wanted to get some ideas.
Thanks and Happy New Year.
Dallas  W3PP