Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Telnet Spotting Network

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Telnet Spotting Network
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:01:09 -0500
At 03:04 PM 1/17/2004, TNeill1648@aol.com wrote:

With the DX Telnet network on the Internet intended for DX spotting, why do
we get so much domestic clutter from stateside stations spotting other
stateside calls?

Hi Tom,

The "DX Telnet network" we know today is the grandchild of PacketCluster(tm), which was invented by members of the Yankee Clipper Contest Club in the 1980s to exchange spots DURING CONTESTS. So it's perfectly OK in my mind to see domestic spots during contest weekends. If you don't like them, learn how to use your cluster filters.

73 - Jim AD1C

-- Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863 USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC