Re: [CQ-Contest] Operating phone on crowded bands

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Operating phone on crowded bands
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:09:46 EST
A few phone contests back a couple of the "80m pig dudes" tried to run me off
my frequency. Actually they succeeded -- sort of.
I was so pissed that I sat there and listened to them till they IDd... About
20 minutes. Then I broke in to their conversation.... "HA HA we ran off one of
them contesters"...
I told them that I had both of their calls and that they had NOT heard the
end of this.
Their attitude changed drastically - immediately. (Surprise)
After talking to them for a bit I told them if they would work me in the
contest, and left the freq, all would be forgotten.
The exchange was sn (I think) and ARRL Section . One of them told me he
wasn't an ARRL member, so he didn't have an ARRL Section! (MS)
When we finished the guy without a section said - Hey that wasn't hard... I'm
gonna go try a few more.

I worked him again last weekend in NAQP-SSB.... Made the whole contest for me.

Ya NEVER know!
Some of those guys are actually people. On the other hand.......

73, Don - K4BEV