[RTTY] C6A (Bahamas) DXPedition for 2-2004 ARRL CW DX Intl. Test

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>, elecraft@mailman.qth.net,qrp-l@Lehigh.EDU, cq-contest@contesting.com, fcg@kkn.net,rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] C6A (Bahamas) DXPedition for 2-2004 ARRL CW DX Intl. Test
From: Brian Kassel <k7re@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:47:36 -0700
Folks:

Several US hams will be journeying to Freeport in the Bahamas to do about 6 days operating prior to, and including the ARRL International DX CW contest in February 2004. We will arrive and be setting up on Tuesday 2-17 and will probably be on the air that late afternoon through up until the contest begins, the weekend of 2-21. I (Brian, C6ALK) plan to operate as much 30M CW as possible before the contest. When 30M isn't open , I will be on the highest WARC band that is open, and not being used by one of the other 2 stations our shack.

RTTY will be handled by Bob, C6AKQ on the WARC Bands, and the regular bands if he runs out of QSO's on the WARC segments. He will also do some WARC band CW.

Kevin will not be at the site very long, but he should be an easy catch on 10M during the contest, possibly he will be doing some CW prior to the contest too on the WARC bands.

Preference will be given to stations OUTSIDE the US mainland PRIOR to the contest, as we wish to work ONLY US stations during the contest itself. Naturally we would love for every possible U.S. station to QSO to up our scores, since DX in this event doesn't count.

During the contest, we plan to operate in the following categories:

C6ALK (Brian K7RE) Single-Band 160M The 160M antenna will be a dipole at 125 feet.
C6AKQ (Bob N4BP) Single-Band 80M The 80M antenna will be a dipole at 65 feet.
C6APG (Kevin K4PG) Single-Band 10M The 10M antenna will be a 3 element mono band yagi at 50'

We will be running the maximum allowable power in the Bahamas that is allowed for the most part in the contest, but will play with QRP before the contest if conditions allow.

Radios will include the Elecraft K-2.

Bob and I have been doing this trip for about 4 years now, This is Kevin's first trip with us, but he done the trip previously.

We will all QSL direct or via Buro, BUT PLEASE PLEASE send an SASE or equivalent.. We have done 3-5 thousand QSO's before each time we have done this trip, so you can imagine the cost of mailing QSL's. If you send an SASE, we will be QSL'ing 100%, as we have in the past.

Our address's are on the QRZ.COM web site, and are all current for our home calls, as well as our C6A call signs.

If you know of any other reflector's or Web pages where this information might be useful to folks wishing to contact us, please feel free to post it there.

Come, give us a call!

Brian K7RE