Re: [CQ-Contest] Airport security and ham gear - yesterday

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Airport security and ham gear - yesterday
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:30:26 -0500
W4PA wrote:
>#1 was not inspected, I think.  On inspection when I returned home, all
items in bag #2 were unwrapped/unpacked and thrown back into the
Tourister bag randomly, bubble wrap and T-shirts stuffed into top of
the suitcase with nothing in them.  TSA inspection card present.
Nothing damaged, but could have been....very easily.

        It is possible to request being physically present when
inspections are done.  It may take you a little more time but
is well worth the peace of mind.  I suspect TSA may be a bit
more careful when you are present.

73, Bill W4ZV