Re: [RTTY] Cheap USB to Serial port

To: K4SV2@charter.net
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Cheap USB to Serial port
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 23:44:25 -0500 (EST)
Hi Dave,

I was thinking that there'd been some inconsistency in the success of
using the F5U103.  I've had good luck with PCMCIA serial port cards,
if you have PCMCIA slots available.

I think I used one on Baker, in fact.

I'm envious of your going to Clipperton.  I'd like to go back.  Nauru
and Rotuma both seem to be impossible, for various annoying
reasons. And it's not worth going to 5W with AO-40 broken.  so it
looks as if it'll be only T30 and T33, with maybe a little bit of 3D2
again.

73, doug

   From: "Dave Anderson, K4SV" <K4SV2@charter.net>
   Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 21:16:45 -0500

   Hi Guys,

   Just bought a F5U103 off Ebay for $17.95, tried it on Windows XP
Professional using updated driver from Belkin, no luck.

   Found however a extention from MMTTY to use anternate ports such as Printer,
Serial ports RTS/CTS all bit banged.  Will try this in the next few days and
report.

   Dave, K4SV
   Asheville, NC