Re: [CQ-Contest] OJ Remembered

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] OJ Remembered
From: "K4LOG" <k4log@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:07:32 -0500
First to Ellen, Teresa and the family. Our condolences.

Saying goodbye to any Ham is hard to do, Let Alone this wonderful person who
was loved by many in so many ways. I'd like to chime in by saying I was lost in
ham radio for quite a few years. While at Feild Day 2 years ago, I found myself
captivated for the whole weekend and couldn't leave the site.  With so many
people there, I didn't feel comfortable. I am not a group person at all. But
this man stood out of the crowd and made me feel like I belonged. (We'll save
you a seat for our Midnight movie.)         So many experiences have past now
in the 2 yrs I've been contesting.  Tower parties, FCG Meetings, DX Operator
meet and greats and my debuet at Dayton this past year and all the fun it
entailed. Thanks for making me feel like I always belonged. Thanks for pushing
me to do my best and to help sink in the fact that no matter how small my score
submit it!!!

                         His humorous and helpfull Emails were always a treat
to find in my box.  Jim gave me years of QST's and other publications to help
me learn contesting and antennas that his father and him had kept in storage
for so long.  I only wish I could have told him how he touched this writer's
life before he was gone. But I really think he knew it already. He had a way of
reading people. Reading all the stories and feelings of others on these
reflectors, only drives that home more..

                         OJ,  My friend, you will be missed greatly, but not
forgotten.......

  We will be out mobile in force, for this years FQP, In memory of Jim please
add OJ to your exchange.

Richard K4LOG
Michelle K4SXY
& girls Britney & Maegan

68days 19hrs to the 2004 running of the FQP!!!!!!