[CQ-Contest] K4OJ recognition

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K4OJ recognition
From: "Jim Cain" <cainjim@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:52:36 -0600
Thom, WI8W said:

>>>How come nobody thought of this while he was alive?

>>>He might have enjoyed the attention.

>>>Honoring someone after they have passed on instead of when they are alive is
>>>one of my pet peeves. Think about it.

>>>If someone is so special after death, what were they when they were alive?
>>>Probably the same, so why not honor someone like Jim while they are alive.

>>>I sure wish I had known him.

>>>73

>>>Thom WI8W

Thom: Your points are well taken. It's all about politics, knowing the "right"
people, and shameless self-promotion. None of which apply to Jim White, K4OJ.

Two years ago I tried to nominate the most deserving person on the planet for
the CQ Contest Hall of Fame (not K4OJ), and could not jump through the hurdles.
I tried to get others involved, with no success.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Jim Cain, K1TN