[CQ-Contest] 67 spots

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 67 spots
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kharker@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:49:45 -0600
     What, exactly, compels a station to spot a contest DXpedition 67
times in 48 hours?  What should I conclude about the fact that six out
of seven of the contest DXpedition operators are members of the same
contest club as the spotter?  A club that was named in some of the
spotter's comments?

     Doesn't this cross some line in terms of assistance?  At what point
do we begin to look at the club spotting team back in the states as an
integral part of the contest operation?  Doesn't this look a little
like the club spotting team back home was calling CQ (over the spotting
network) on behalf of the contest DXpedition?

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops