Re: [CQ-Contest] Lost leading 'dit' - summary

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Lost leading 'dit' - summary
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 09:08:14 +0000
W4ZV lamented:

         According to a rumor from a knowledgeable source on the Ten-Tec
reflector, Ten-Tec will address this in an Orion firmware update.  I
wish you had not told me the K2 had this problem since I just decided
to order one last week (but I'm only ordering the QRP version, so I
guess I don't need it anyway!)  I suspect Elecraft will address this
in a future update also (but they aren't free like Ten-Tec's).

The Elecraft community has determined that you & everything in your station need to conform to the rig, instead of the rig behaving the same as everything else on the market (including the Orion, after the update).

The Elecraft community is very hostile to suggested firmware changes,
even if they are a good idea or can be done without changing whatever it is
that they think is so important (like sending CW with the mic button).

It's strange - the use in competition of a product is usually a great way to
improve it - everywhere I look over my various Subarus, I can see what
was learned as a result of rallying.  Even football mums (soccer moms)
benefit from the Aris, the Possums & even Burnsies driving on the edge &
beyond.  Sadly, most of us are well behind the works teams just in terms of
depth of pockets - leaving us to drive the K2s of the world instead & if we
don't speak up, before we know it there might only be a Hello Kitty model
available...

73, VR2BrettGraham