RE: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Phone - 40 m lack of bandplan compliance

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Phone - 40 m lack of bandplan compliance
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 23:08:09 +0100
Hi Rag,

Until 40 meters is "fixed" in 2009, this will continue to be a problem.
There
is a simple solution: until Europeans STOP answering us when we listen below
7.040, we will continue to do so.  If we want to work them, we have to be
able
to hear them. As long as they keep calling, we will keep working them.

I don't understand why a US station should be penalized.  As long as we
transmit about 7.150 MHz, we are obeying our FCC and the band plan.

73 - Jim AD1C

You have a point. On the other hand, the initiative came from the gentlemen
mentioned.
Ideally both stns should be penalized. IMHO

73  Rag la5he