[CQ-Contest] Re: Splqdecripity

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Splqdecripity
From: Anthony Rodgers <arodgers@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:07:52 -0800
Hi Bob,

I am a casual contester (perhaps 5-6 outings a year?) and what I have found is that I lose my 'ear' for DX calls if I haven't been on the air in a while. Admittedly, there are a few that are nigh on impossible to get no matter what , but I find that my comprehension improves with time, even over the course of a contest.

The one thing that DX stations could do is to vary their phonetics when repeating their call so us cloth-eared folks have a couple of chances at it - in other words "Victor Alpha Seven India Romeo Lima, Victor America Seven Italy Radio London".

On the other topic, have DX stations ever considered listening between 7050 and 7100 for Canadian mults in ARRL DX SSB? We can transmit there and it would make it easier for both of us...... :-)

73 de VA7IRL,
--
Anthony Rodgers
Email: VA7IRL@rac.ca