Re: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's comments

To: "cq-contest reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's comments
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:39:24 -0700
I'd like to see the return of the High-Band
(10, 15, 20) and Low Band (40, 80, 160)
categories to the ARRL DX Test.

This change would increase participation by the
average Joe Tribanders around the world,
allow a little sleep, and give geographically
challenged participants entry categories
where their score would be more competitive.

The current Single Band category is OK, but
it can get pretty boring. I've won single band
15 a couple of times, but single band doesn't
provide for so2r use, and consequently seems
quite passe.

Currently, I don't operate the ARRL DX contest,
because the deck is totally stacked against my
geographic area. I would definitely give High-
Band a shot, though. It would be a lot of fun,
and the score could make the top ten, which is
what it takes to get into QST these days.

Return of these two categories would give
ARRL DX a big shot in the arm, not just from
the US/VE, but from around the world.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.