[CQ-Contest] Contest - 24/48 or whatever.

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest - 24/48 or whatever.
From: "Larry - K2GN" <k2gn@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:09:53 -0500
Isn't the purpose of this hobby to have FUN??
There are many reasons to contest:
Win, get some wallpaper, see your name in a book, etc. etc. etc..
Most of all, I think it is to have FUN and build friendships in the "Contest
Community".
Now, as in everything in life, contesting offers a niche for everybody.
Can't run 48 hours for whatever reason - set yourself another goal.
You and a buddy, who you probably met through contesting, have a contest of
whatever length you choose among yourselves.
You define the rules, the hours, the goals.
Who cares, your doing your thing as best you can on that given weekend!!!!
Everybody wins, maybe you beat your buddy, everybody you work gets points,
maybe you pick up a new country, but
maybe you started something and set an operating goal that the next time a
contest rolls around, you have something to strive for, a goal of your own
to beat.

As life's circumstances change, so must we, Can't sit for 48, this weekend,
set a goal and GO FOR IT.
Post your results to the 3830 reflector with comments, you might give other
guys some ideas.

You'll have FUN!!

I've been out of contesting for some now for different reasons. I'm just now
getting back into it. I don't have a "killer" station, no amp, no beverages,
but I had FUN in a half dozen contest this season and will have more FUN
next season.

Larry/K2GN