RE: [CQ-Contest] The good old U.S. holiday weekend contest debate

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] The good old U.S. holiday weekend contest debate
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 31 Mar 2004 23:27:14 -0600
On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 19:28, Bill wrote:
> During the 10 years we operated 6D2X, Thanksgiving was the only contest
> weekend that I could be on hand for the beginning of the contest. The other

OTOH, as long as WW CW is on the weekend after Thanksgiving, I will
*never* be able to be on hand for the beginning of the contest...

(because I work Fridays until 2230 CT - 0330 Saturday UTC - and
Thanksgiving is the one holiday *everyone* wants off.)

Not sure I feel strongly about Scott's proposal one way or the other.

Y'know, it would be interesting to rotate all contests through the
year.  Each year, every contest would be a week earlier - WW CW the
weekend *before* Thanksgiving, then *two* weekends before, then three,
etc., etc...  After 52 years they'd all get back to where they are now &
we'd start the cycle again...

(Ah, Field Day in Wisconsin in January?  Sounds like fun!)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66