Fw: Fw: [CQ-Contest] Awesome message from K0DQ

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: Fw: [CQ-Contest] Awesome message from K0DQ
From: "Tony Rogozinski" <trogo@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:53:05 -0700

Subject: Fw: [CQ-Contest] Awesome message from K0DQ

I used to chase DX with Scotty on 15 meters in 1957 when he was KN0DQI
and I was KN5LMJ.  We used to have 3 way Q's with then KN4RID - First
Novice DXCC (I think Scott was 2nd) now W4ZV!  Good company I was
keeping back in those days.  Unfortunately I was in New Mexico running
50 watts to a 2 element homebrew yagi up 30' - made out of bamboo
poles wrapped with tin foil and a wooden boom.  But I worked 69 countries
as a "true" crystal controlled Novice.  Actually that's a lie - I used to drill
hole in the crystal holder and put a self tapping screw in it with a knob on
the end so I was able to change the frequency a little!  It was fun - we would
call CQ on 21101 and tune the entire CW band for a return call - from 21000
up to 21150 - amazingly you might get a response from someone over 50KHZ
away.  Times have changed but I had a lot more fun back then.

Tony N7BG