Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: awesome double dipping, for dummies

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Re: awesome double dipping, for dummies
From: "Phillip Landmeier" <felipe@conexion.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 13:00:46 -0400
For 80 and 160m inverted vees, I've had good results from
running two different length elements in parallel on each half
of the antenna.  Even parallel elements of the same length,
held apart with spreaders create an electrically "fat" element
which lowers Q and widens bandwidth.  I've used the same trick
on verticals.  Fat elements are a good thing:  lowered Q,
broadband, lowered I^2R loss.

Phil, KW2P