[CQ-Contest] Dayton 2004 CW Pileup Contest at KC DX Suite

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Dayton 2004 CW Pileup Contest at KC DX Suite
From: Tom Hammond <n0ss@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 10:45:37 -0500
Fellas:

For those of you who might attend Dayton 2004, don't forget that the KC DX Club will (again, as in the past 20+ years) be offering it's trademark CW Pileup Contest on SATURDAY night (only) at the KCDX Hospitality Suite at the Crowne-Plaza Hotel in downtown Dayton. I suspect the pileups won't begin until about 9 PM, and will stop around midnight, so get in early (before you do too much schmoozing), and be ready to copy every call you hear.

This year's pileup will be a bit more 'challenging' than those previously offered. Still 100 calls, with no more than two (2) calls sent at any one time (though there are still those who will try to argue the point), and speeds between 25 and 40 WPM, with received tones between 300Hz and 1kHz (not everyone zero beats your signal, right?).

Though I've not heard, it's my guess that the KCDX Club will again offer some pretty nice prizes to the top scoring ops, so come to compete... probably best if you're at least a bit sober (at least for the pileup), and have a lot of fun.

73,

Tom Hammond N0SS