Re: [CQ-Contest] Subjective equipment reviews ??

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Subjective equipment reviews ??
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:27:17 EDT
In a message dated 5/19/04 8:26:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Ken.Knopp@verizon.net writes:
>>Does this mean that since K3BU is going to design, manufacture and market
the ultimate
DX, contest radio directed at the high end Amateur Radio D.X.-er, contester,
etc.,
and that now he will be competing against the best of the best of what the
top Amateur
Radio manufactures have to offer ( Ten-Tec, Icon, Yeasu,etc.)  Does this mean
the he will
refrain from offering subjective reviews of his now competitors equipment ??

and to think that i was the one that gave the "challenge"

73  De K7ZUM
honored to be called a Ten-Tec "cult worshipper"  by Yuri !!!<<

Are you asking me, or someone else?
Did you mean objective reviews?

If you checked my web site and REVIEWS, ORION you would find the answer there
and expression of gratitude for your comments to entice me to embark on the
DR1 project.
As I stated while back, there will be no more reviews of equipment by me, one
of Orion was sufficient to realize the futility of trying to point out
reality and areas for improvement. So enjoy glowing reviews by magazines and
worshipin' whatever you chose and makes you happy (including "Icon" and "Yeasu"
:-).
I will enjoy challenges of designing my dream thing (and maybe someone else's
nightmare).

Yuri,
www.K3BU.us
www.computeradio.us, home of DR1