[CQ-Contest] 2004 WRTC-Style Team Competition

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2004 WRTC-Style Team Competition
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:33:26 -0700
After getting a couple of queries about the WRTC-Style Team Competition for
2004, I decided that I had better get busy!

Yes!  The WRTC-Style Team Competition will be held again this year, during
the IARU-HF Championship on July 10 and 11.  The rules are identical to last
year and can be read at www.wwdxc.org/wrtcrule.htm.

I had some requests to change the rules so that both operators can run at
the same time (a.k.a. - Multi-Two) but the IARU contest does not offer that
category.  My position on contests-within-a-contest is that they should
comply strictly with the sponsors rules, both out of respect to the
sponsor's efforts and so that the competitor's scores will count for IARU
and any clubs to which they belong.

Last year we had eighteen teams from three continents and everyone had a lot
of fun. (The results were written up in the Nov/Dec 2003 issue of the
National Contest Journal.)  If you are looking for a new challenge this
summer, why not put together a team and join the fun?

73, Ward N0AX