RE: [CQ-Contest] Interesting new rule in EUHFC 2004

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Interesting new rule in EUHFC 2004
From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:58:12 -0400
No, I don't like this "interesting new rule" at all.  It sets a very bad
precedent.

Now I may be at best a little fish in the proverbial pond, but at least at
the "local" level (such as the WPA section in ARRL contests, or the state of
PA in other contests, for example) I can be competitive.  And I can do so...
or at least I could do so when I still had my old QTH... with a decent (if
not top of the line) rig by working on improving my antennas and my skills.

But the affect of this "interesting" rule is to disqualify my from any
chance of a plaque (as opposed to the miniscule chance I had before) unless
I buy a new(er) transceiver that happens to have a computer interface to
permit my contest software to record the "exact" frequency.  And since my
software covers most but not all rigs, that also limits my choice to a rig
on the list... which may disqualify some of the newer rigs or newest rigs
that the software may not work with.

No thanks.  I'll join Tim in that beer instead.

73, ron wn3vaw