[CQ-Contest] Re: Where are the JAs

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Where are the JAs
From: S Nace <kn5h@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:13:32 -0700 (PDT)
All:

I have not read every email pertaining to this thread so I may have already
missed this answer. During the WPX SSB contest in March we had ~400 JA QSOs.
Several were multi-band qsos w/ the same station. We had a total QSO number of
~2000. So, ~20% of our total QSOs were from Japanese stations.

So, my question is, what are the numbers that you seem to be expecting from JA
contesters? My opinion is that 400 JA QSOs using a KW and a tribander at 30
feet is pretty good. Sure, back when 10 meters was hot, we would have 400 QSOs
on 10 meters alone, but that is propogation related, not lack-of-interest
related. Clue me in.

73 de KN5H