Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and CW

To: "Contesting Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and CW
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:49:07 -0400
 "Robert Brandon" <rbrandon@austin.ibm.com> wrote: "CW was steady.  It was
hard to get phone runs going."

Not from here! In the first 55 minutes, I made 125 contacts on 40 SSB. I'm
sure that I could have made another 300-400, as the rate was still there,
but I had all I could stand of SSB! Having two elements at 50' helped
considerably!  :))
While I agree that Field Day should be a "training" for "real" emergency
situations, it's painfully evident that those that are accustomed to
exchanging information (read that as a contest exchange) correctly, fare far
better than those that try in only on Field Day?

C'Ya, Shelby  1E KY