Re: [ct-user] Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day and CW
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:30:12 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, N7MAL wrote:

> I did not have a large log and CT was changing the info, if I remember
> correctly, around the 30th QSO. I only noticed it on the SSB contacts. I was
> switching back and forth between CW & SSB.
>
> MAL                N7MAL
> BULLHEAD CITY, AZ

I didn't think that CT changed the info.  I figured that it was logged
incorrectly by a previous operator on another band/mode.  I suspected it
was either a typing error by someone not familiar with CT, or an actual
copying error.

A few years ago we had a new contester operating in a major contest with
our club station on SSB. I looked through the logs and found all sorts of
busted calls.  One was logged as a 0S4.  I never could figure out what
that was. :-)

73, Zack W9SZ