Re: [CQ-Contest] Boundaries Between ITU Zones 6/7/8

To: "Cooper, Stewart" <coopers@odl.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Boundaries Between ITU Zones 6/7/8
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:25:40 -0500
On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 01:22:48PM +0100, Cooper, Stewart wrote:
> Nat said...
> >Sure, W6 is clearly zone 6 and Florida is clearly zone 8
>
> Interesting. How would you know he was in Florida?
> I would log what you get sent.

A lot of ops do not know what their ITU zone is.  But if you ask them,
they will always know what state they are in.  Many might even know their
grid square or their lat/lon.  If this can all be gone through during the
QSO, then it's worthwhile to do so, get the exchange correct, and send
the caller off with the new knowledge of what their ITU zone is so that
they can work other stations in the contest, too.

> Stewart
> GM4AFF (GB5HQ 40m SSB in IARU)
> PLEASE WORK GB5HQ ON ALL BANDS/MODES THIS WEEKEND!

Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/