Re: [CQ-Contest] interesting phenomena?

To: "CQ-CONTEST" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] interesting phenomena?
From: "Rex Maner" <k7qq@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:21:31 -0000
Quack Notes:

In the 70's from W7RM we were able with 2 rigs on 15 M to work within 15 Khz
(KC for us old timers) at the same time,  One antenna was at 170 ft. and the
other was on the side of a bluff that was vertically separated by aprox 300
ft with about the same horizonal spacing. (This is what brought about the
single signal per band rule..)

Chip K7JA now was running   JA's and the other station was calling stations
and cq's with the other antenna pointed at So. America and Caribean.  We
could easily call and not cause big problems at 3 to 5 Khz.   Both stations
were S-Line and Running full power amps.

SOOOO  it is possable to do but takes the right location and antennas.   I
know of a situation that an old   AM'er who was dead set against SSB,  being
phone patched across town to another station that was retransmitting this
guy with a BBIIGG tx  ( estimated at 24 KW ) on SSB on the same freq that
the Phone patching station was operating on.   It really upset the die hard
AM'er that his buddies kept telling him he was on SSB.

73  guys and rembember anything is possiable..

Quack