[CQ-Contest] FT-1000D vs FT-1000MP Mark V

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT-1000D vs FT-1000MP Mark V
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:29:05 EDT
Hey gang-

i just stumbled across a nice FT-1000, with all of the D options for a decent
price, & was thinking about turning it around for a new 1000MP mark V.

What are the differences, & which would be the wiser move? Not being a Yaesu
guy, I'm not really too sure what the differences are. This will move my
trusty Icom 746 to the SO2R second rig, so I expect some improvement either way.

73-Chuck KI9A