Re: [CQ-Contest] Recruiting women into contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Recruiting women into contesting
From: KA2GWM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:55:13 EDT
Here's another opportunity for YLs to get an introduction to the kind of
operationg necessary in a contest, by being a DX station and getting
help/advice
from some well-known YL contesters:

Several YLs (including contester Ann WA1S) are planning a DXpedition to
Grenada and are looking for other YLs who would be interested in
participating. We want YLs to be aware of this great
novice DXpedition opportunity. The dates are November
13-30 and the group will help you with licensing. OMs
are welcome, too. The rooms will be given a discount
if we can book 5 rooms by the end of August. There is
shopping, beaches, snorkelling, SCUBA and GREAT
spices.  Plus the  hotel is a short walk to the beach.
For more info, contact Cheryl N0WBV at
n0wbv@earthlink.
      Not sure if I'm going to make this one, but will try. I've been
contesting about 8 yrs now, mostly as guest op in multi-multi's or from VP5.
Was also
active in IARU as  part of NU1AW.
33/73,  Diane  K2DO
member YCCC and Order of Boiled Owls of NY Contest Club

n a message dated 7/26/2004 5:46:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,