[CQ-Contest] SSTV qrm

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SSTV qrm
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 16:03:09 EDT
Well thats my view and may i say this site makes intresting reading
73  fer now and  thanks;

G4SSW

Well thought out OM.

I think most SSB contesters do make an effort to avoid 14230.  I know  the
SSTV guys vehemently defend that frequency.  I understand their  case.
However,
when I am operating on 14226 or 14227.0 and I have one of  the SSTV guys tell
me I need to QSY, I get annoyed....especially when he tells  me, "I guess I
am going to have to teach you a lesson."    And  then, proceeds to
intentionally QRM me by playing back my CQs or other stations'  CQs, even
though I am at
least 3 kHz off the official frequency.  This kind  of crap has happened a lot
more than once.

On contests weekends the best anyone can hope for is 3 kHz of clear
spectrum.  Why should SSTV guys deserve any more than that?  I think  the SSTV
guys
need to realize that.

Bill K4XS