RE: [CQ-Contest] The Station Notebook

To: "K4RO Kirk Pickering" <k4ro@k4ro.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] The Station Notebook
From: "Randy Thompson, K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:17:06 -0000
Interesting topic.

I keep a station notebook.  It is a small spiral bound book for keeping
notes about anything.  It mostly has things that are measured or figured
out.  E.g., length of phasing lines, distance from house to tower, color
codes of rotator control cables, as built dimensions of antennas and phasing
lines, etc.  Anything I think might be useful to know later goes in the
book.

I remember hearing years ago that W2PV used to keep notes of all of the
station details.  Seemed like a good idea so I adopted it.  Has been helpful
on many occasions in remembering what is out there in the antenna field.

Randy, K5ZD