[CQ-Contest] Sprint Strategy: SO2F

To: "CQ Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sprint Strategy: SO2F
From: "Eric Hall, K9GY" <k9gy@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 13:05:44 -0000
Not sure but the Sprint rules might need some revision...

When a station is using two radios and all they are doing
is going back and forth between lets say 14.225 and 7.225
then is that really in the "spirit" of Sprint?

To me that is more like Single-Op, 2 Frequency (SO2F) operating?

Maybe I am a slow learner, but I finally figured out why
some people have hundreds of band changes in four hours, duh!

The rules cover the QSYing when STAYING in the same band but
do not cover anything when CHANGING bands to satisfy the QSY rule.

If you come back to the SAME frequency you left have you really QSYed?
The rules cover this by saying "at least one subsequent QSO is made
on a new frequency" with the new freq being on the other band.

I for one am not for big government or too many rules but
at least this is a good point of discussion.

CQ CONTEST!

73, Eric