Re: [CQ-Contest] Really tired of erroneous Cabrillo error messages?

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Really tired of erroneous Cabrillo error messages?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:04:24 -0700
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:51:01 -0500, Tree wrote:

>Wow - it is with great sadness that I see messages complaining about the
>Cabrillo robots.  I think there are some important points that are being
>missed by those complaining.
<snip>

The robots are a great help, no complaint about their existence.  My
complaint is they are doing the same dumb things, year after year.
Two things in particular:

1.  Getting the robot to accept a single band entry regardless of
whether HIGH, LOW or no power class is appended should be trivial.
Why reject a log with no power class appended when the contest doesn't
even have a power class for SB?  The robot forced you to put in HIGH
even when that is incorrect.

2.  A RTTY contest should allow the word RTTY to be included in the
log.  Rejecting it is nonsensical.

Other than those year-after-year complaints, the robots seem to do a
good job.

One other suggestion for the contest sponsors:  Include in the rules a
link to a web page showing all possible correct forms of Cabrillo
headers for your contest.  Don't make us guess.

--
Bill W6WRT